DSAGT Board Treasurer
DSAGT is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our Board of Directors in the Treasurer position!
As a member of the Board of Directors, the Treasurer acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective financial responsibility of the organization. He/she attends public events and is, along with the other Executive Committee members, a public face of the organization.
- Works with the Administrative Director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the Administrative Director in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval
- Works with the Administrative Director to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Finance Committee and the Administrative Director to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Attends bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of the Organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- A commitment to attend all Board of Directors meetings and abide by Organization’s bylaws
- Assist in raising funds to support the Organization (secure sponsors, solicit donations, etc.)
- A calling to serve those who have Down syndrome and their families
- Able to communicate effectively, honestly and with passion
- Business acumen and ability to hold others accountable while providing meaningful feedback for improvement when necessary.